Sylacauga, AL, 35151
Joined on March, 2013
Weekends at any time
Up to 20 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationSophomore English major at University of Alabama at Birmingham with a Creative Writing minor
My high school GPA was a 3.8 and my current college GPA is a 3.88.
ExperienceFirst, I would to say that Sylacauga is my hometown. During the school year, I can go to Birmingham but it is a little far during the summer.
1. I have not officially tutored in the past. I frequently helped my fellow classmates with their work if they had questions. I was a Vacation Bible School teacher and Sunday School teacher so I have experience working with children.
2. My parents teach kintergarden and middle school so I have helped them with their students as well. I love history, which is what my father teaches.
3. I made a 25 on my ACT. I won highest average in several classes, including English, History, and Biology. I have also won several Reading Awards. I have been on the President's and Dean's list at UAB.
4. I took Dual Enrollment for English 101 and 102 in high school. My main focus is pre-1700s literature but I love literature of any kind.
5. I have taken Spanish 101 so I do know some Spanish.
6. I have participated in several extracirricular activities. I was in the band at my high school and the chorus. I sing, play clarinet, and some piano.
7. I was a part of the Big Brother, Big Sister program where I mentored a 3rd-4th grade student. I was a member of Senior Beta and Key President, eventually the President of Key Club. I have also volunteered at Angel Food Ministries.
8. Currently, I volunteer at Mt. Ruffner Nature Center. I am a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success. I am a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and the English Honor Society at UAB. I also participate with the Aura, the college literary magazine.
HobbiesI am interested in several things. My foremost love is literature and creative writing. I hope to eventually publish several young adult fiction novels.
I love to learn about other cultures and some of their languages. I have been to Mexico and loved it. I feel that it is important to understand other people.
I love animals. I grew up on a farm and my aunt owns several horses. I have a horse as well, named Shawnee.
I love movies and acting. I enjoy talking in my British accents from time to time. My mother and I will talk like that for whole conversations.
I like all kinds of movies and music. I like alot of action movies, like The Avengers, and their comics. I also enjoy photography, though I'm not sure how good I am.
Some of my favorite books are Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, Percy Jackson, and more.
I am in love with anything to do with King Arthur or Robin Hood. My favorite BBC shows are Merlin and Robin Hood.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.